I used to do Miley Monday posts while we were waiting for our little girl to come home. We thought she was in another country and I blogged about our wait. That's pretty much why I started this journal in the first place! I needed a place to vent, to update, to keep track of what was going on. Lately it has become a place for me to whine about my blessings. Dudes, I'm SO sorry about that.
Then we finally got her and she came with a beautiful twin brother.
And eventually a younger brother.
And I realize looking back how God was opening my heart to the possibility of more boys in my life.
Today I thought I'd tell you a bit more about the girl who started this whole adoption thing.
Miss Miley is beautiful. She has eyes that can penetrate your soul and I'm not just saying that for poetic purposes. You can tell everything about her just by looking at her eyes. If she's sad, you know it. If she is mischievous, you know it. If she's being silly, you know it.
She loves to dress up (ok, ok, I love to dress her up). She got to go to her very first boy/girl dance party on Saturday. Her brother was sick and couldn't go so it was just us girls. She was all dolled up and ready!

Sister loves her brothers. LOVES them. And she is pretty spoiled by them. This winter all she would have to do was stand on the porch step and hold up her arms and some brother in shining armor would come rescue her from having to walk in the snow. I've shown you pictures before of her and her biggest brother. Can we say wrapped around her little finger? I'm afraid, little sister, that this might all backfire on you when you decide you want to date. 4 big brothers and 2 little ones? Those dates haven't got a chance. I've heard rumors of wrap around porches with 7 rocking chairs and shot guns for your brothers and Daddy to sit on when your date arrives.
I'm sorry.

Miley hates getting her hair done but loves the way it feels when it IS done. So I guess the hour of screaming is worth it. Oh...and see these boots? She sleeps in them. I kid you not.
She. Sleeps. In. Them.
Can't really blame her, I would too if I had some.

While Smiles is a girly girl (for now) she gets out there and runs with the best of them. She also steals their skateboards and has a grand ol' time. Next stop, the half pipe.

I'm telling you what, this whole girl thing is wild. I mean, obviously I am a girl so I should know what to expect but....I didn't. And I don't. I didn't realize she would love her little brothers so protectively. She is ALL over KJ. From his first cry in the morning til he is asleep at night, she knows what he is doing. She will give him his binky, even if he doesn't want it. She sits on my lap to feed him his bottle, even if I don't want it. She corrects Izzy if he is out of line (which is pretty funny to hear....have I told you she has the DEEPEST voice I've ever heard? Well, maybe not EVER heard but...for a girl? Seriously). I didn't realize she would follow me every where I go and want to help with everything I do. Fold laundry? She's all over that. Unload the dishes? She's on it. Sweep the floor? Well...you get the picture right? (no...she's not doing these things by herself).
All this to say that I am so glad to have pursued adopting this little girl. And her brother. And her other brother. We had no idea what she would be like when she came home. We didn't know where she would come from or what her background would be like.
We just knew we wanted her.
And we still do.
1 comment:
Love. :)
Post a Comment