Do girls cringe when you ask them to "go, look in this section, find ANYTHING you like and lets try it on?"
Do girls tell you "no thanks, Mom, only one color of this shirt is fine."?
Do girls always put their shoes back on when they are trying on a pair of pants thus extending the try-on time by 5 minutes per outfit?
Do girls fall on the floor in laughter when the shopping cart makes a tooting noise in the middle of the store?
Do girls cry when you say "well, we might have to go check out another store because we didn't find enough at this one?"
Only in my dreams, I suppose.
Shopping with my boys is an adventure.
You know, I think that is a major understatement.
I bribe them with food and trips to the toy store if they will cooperate.
I beg them to stop "ripping one" as we walk through the racks of clothes.
I plead with them to try on just ONE more pair of pants.
Then I up the ante and beseech them to try on a pair of *gasp* jeans.
Do your boys insist on only wearing athletic pants?
Oh mylanta....the "swishy" pants....I vowed when Noah was born that he would NOT be that kid who only wore athletic gear. That didn't quite work out for me. Not so much.
Anyway...
I took my oldest three on a much needed shopping trip. The cooler weather is upon us, and while my boys would gladly wear shorts year round, their principal disagrees. (I blame him
so at least I look like a nice parent once in awhile, you know?) And for some odd reason...these 3 keep growing. Well..all SEVEN of them keep growing but I can still shop for the youngest 4 without them being there. Hallelujah!

I wish you could have heard the excitement that was not in their voices. It was uh. mazing. I mean, look at J-man's face? Utter joy.
At least they cooperated and we got some good deals and they will be clothed for the winter, right?
I still have hope that SOMEONE will take up my love of shopping.
I need to start training Miley now....
No comments:
Post a Comment