My little boy is back on a ventilator. He has a picc line. He looks worse than he did when we was just 2lbs. Strike that...they just got me and told me that couldn't get his picc line in.
It makes my stomach do horrible things.
They think he is either suffering from meningitis or possibly NEC. You can look it up but try not to read the "worst" parts. I refuse to go there.
At the very least, he has an infection that will take some antibiotics to kick.
At the very worst, they will be removing sections of his large or small intestines (I so should have paid better attention during that part of A & P).
My nurses have just surrounded me with care. My sweet, sweet house keeping friend hugged me so tightly. KJ's caseworker showed up this morning so she could hold him...SURPRISE!
I have so many emotions swirling around right now.
But mostly I just want this little boy to get better.
Thank you to everyone who is praying. Each comment sends me into another blotchy moment but I sure appreciate them. More than words can say.
5 comments:
praying.
Hi Chrissy,
Students and friends of Catherine Weyers in Kirksville, Missouri are praying for you and your precious baby from God! "Jesus wept." John 11:35. You are never alone.
Love in Christ,
Misha
I linked to your blog through a friend on Facebook. My preemie son is in the NICU right now. Reading your last couple of blog posts sounds all too familiar. We went through the same tests when he took a quick nosedive several weeks ago, right down to the hug from the housekeeping friend. Turns out he had MRSA that infected his blood. Being a NICU mom is a roller coaster that nobody wants to be on. I will be praying for you and your little man!
Just keep swimming, little dude.
Thinking about you, Chrissy ... Robyn
Post a Comment