Thursday, March 24, 2011

Setbacks


Well, hmmm. This is a new feeling for me.

A set back.

Ok..it's not really new but it is the first time I've thought twice about it with the new babe.

My older kids have been sick all week. And I do mean aaaaalllll week. And it's a nasty bug, one that I would rather not share with a sweet little 4 lb-er, you know? So I've had to stay home.

I'm not a fan.

Anyway, while I've been at home, he got to try a bottle. Apparently, it didn't go so well. Like so not well that they were going to put him back on a nasal cannula and off room air. So not well that he's been desatting the rest of the day. So not well that they decided to wait an entire week to try again. (I really need to work on spelling this medical jargon.)

Boo.

Now, really, is this a setback? No, not really. Sweet boy isn't even close to his due date yet and they don't expect him to drink from a bottle until 34 weeks. I just got so used to things going SO well, that I wasn't expecting it. Plus, I can't be there right now and I'm only getting snippets of information and I'm imagining the worst.

Double boo.

On the bright side, I've gotten lots of snuggle time with Mr. Izzy and lots of time in general with my kids this week. Too bad it's just been while patting their backs while they technicolor yawn all over the place.

Triple boo.

On the other bright side...well...you'll just have to read my next post. MAN, I'm such a tease.


No comments: