Ok. So, I know you want to hear more (or at least, I want to write this down for the babies)....
Around 3:30 Monday afternoon, I got another call. This time from the current foster Mom. She sounded so wonderful! She asked when I would like to come visit the babies. We agree on Wednesday night.
(but I didn't want to wait that long. I wanted to leave right then and there...)
10 minutes later...FM (foster mom) called me back. She said, "How about tomorrow morning instead? My husband wants to be here to meet you."
"YES!!!!"
After a sleepless night, we left for their current home. Stopped at wally world along the way and picked up a gift for each baby and a rose bush for FM. I'm pretty sure I sped the whole way there. (I'm also pretty sure I was supposed to be studying for my biology lab final that was that afternoon and I'm also REALLY sure I didn't.)
We pulled up to the house, hugged the FM, saw the babies and fell in love.
But the babies didn't. They screamed. The FM asked me if I knew why they were crying and I'm like "uhhhhhh...." "Well", she said, "It's because they haven't really seen any other people before." (and here I was thinking it was because I was this pale face stranger! Oops...)
The babies eventually warmed up to us, let us snuggle and love on them, and baby girl fell asleep in Johnny's arms. I was able to lay baby boy down for his nap and then we headed back home.
However, before we even left the driveway, I was on the phone with SW #2 and left her a message saying, "We want to pursue these babies, tell me what to do."
She called me back in 10 minutes and asked me when we would like them. I said, "Uh, you mean forever?" "Well, yes!" (spoken in a "well duh" tone.)
"How's Thursday?"
"Sure!"
We had 48 hours to prepare for 9 month old twins.
1 comment:
I love this entry! I read it aloud to russ and we're so excited for you guys!!!!
Post a Comment