I didn't think it was going to happen.
After years of waiting, endless paper work, money being doled out left and right for this fee and that...we had pretty much just given up.
But then, our social worker told us to take these PRIDE training sessions, you know, just in case. We didn't want to. We didn't want to be foster parents. We didn't want to adopt in the United States.
We took the classes. Finished them in November. Got our license in December. And waited again.
5 more months.
And then came Monday, May 3rd. The phone rang. I saw it was our social worker, I figured she was just calling to tell me that it was time for our 6 month home-study "check-up".
It wasn't.
"Hey Chrissy, this is ____ and I have a situation for you."
(me) "Ok, we'll take the baby."
"Don't you want to hear about the situation?"
(me again) "OH! Um, yes, of course!"
"Well, we have twins, a boy and a girl..." (I'm sure she said more here...I got stuck on twins..."
"YES!!!!!"
"Um....don't you want to ask your husband?"
"Oh...yes,...of course."
Johnny was really hard to convince. I told him about "the situation" and he goes, "Seriously?!?!?!? THAT'S AWESOME!"
So. Done Deal. Our SW put our names in the hat for these babies.
30 minutes later, she called back and told me another SW would be calling me later that day.
10 minutes later (in the middle of biology), the new SW (the babies' SW) called.
She said, "Do you want to meet them?"
I said, " Um YES!"
...to be continued....really soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment