This day might take a few posts. Wowza. It was the never ending, yet fantastically amazing day ever! Johnny figured we walked at least 10 miles. At least, some of that because of our own stupidity (ok, MY own....) but, we really wanted to squeeze a bunch in on our last day.The boys didn't want to see any of the monuments without their Daddy so we saved them all for Sunday. We got up, had our free breakfast and hit the Metro. It was fun riding with all the people dressed to the nines for church that morning.
We left early so we could get tickets to go up in the Washington Monument. Boy, we should have left earlier! We arrived at the monument around 9 (when it opened, we thought) and got our tickets for 7:15 that evening! Good thing we had lots planned that day, eh?

So, we took the obligatory pictures and continued our walk down the mall. Wait, can I tell you how much I love hearing the boys groan EVERY time I said we were going to the Mall? It was fabulous. Anyway, I digress.

We decided to head to the Lincoln Memorial next but got to enjoy an unexpected memorial first.
The WWII Memorial.

I don't know where I've been but, I either forgot about this, blocked it out, or never knew about it to begin with...my guess is I forgot. What a beautiful memorial. And the fact that Grandpa served in WWII in Japan only made it that much cooler.

It was a beautiful, well thought out, well laid-out Memorial.
Our next stop was to the Lincoln Memorial...which I'll blog about later!
Our next stop was to the Lincoln Memorial...which I'll blog about later!
No comments:
Post a Comment