Friday, July 10, 2009

FToL, Day 5....Johnny 5 Alive!

Yup, you read that right. On day 5, the Johnny-meister joined us. I have no idea why I wrote Johnny-meister. Feel free to mock me later.

The point is, on Saturday, Johnny finally got to come with us! Don't get me wrong, I totally loved the days with just me and the boys. Totally. Sometimes it's nice being the only adult and not having to be gracious and submit to anyone else's opinion but your own, you know? By Saturday, however, I was ready for some extra man power, and since the secret service men were busy, I figured Johnny would be my best bet. Ha!

The boys and I decided to pick up where we left off and went back to the Air & Space Museum.
Justin, the ever pleasant child, throroughly enjoyed himself there. Truly.

And here, as well, Justin is the happiest of all 5, don't ya think?

Did you know that you the popsicle we so lovingly refer to as "bomb pops" are not called so on the National Mall? Probably for good reason....


They were yummy all the same, and especially enjoyable on such a hot day.

After our popsicle break, we decided to go to the Art museum. The boys really wanted to find "The Thinker" (thank you, Night at the Museum). We wandered all over that place, taking in a bunch of pretty amazing art (and some pretty weird art as well, I won't lie to ya.) and finally found it! But it was this eensy weensy statue, not the one of mammoth proportion portrayed in the movie. Stinkin' movie. We were all pretty disappointed. However, Justin did give us an EXCELLENT impersonation and it might just take over as the highlight of my trip. If only pictures and video were allowed in the museum.

OH OH OH! I forgot to tell you. JOHNNY got in trouble in this museum. HA!

And I quote:

"Sir, this floor that you are walking on is marble and marble is a lot harder than your child's head. Please do not carry him on your shoulders."(Elijah slept through the entire Art museum)


After that, we went back to National Harbor and ate at Cadillac Ranch. It was a pretty fun place to eat, especially if you are 3 sheets to the wind (not that I would know) and enjoy mechanical bull riding! It was way funny.

Then.

THEN.

We had dessert at Ben & Jerry's.

And it was good.

With only one more day of vacation. We waddled back up the road towards our hotel, swam a bit more and went to bed but not before Justin (who apparently ruled the day) decided to cut his toe and require first aid. It wouldn't be a Matthews' event with out some sort of medical emergency, now would it?

To be continued....

No comments: