Someday soon-ish we plan on selling our current home and heading to the country.
Which is a really weird sentence to type because when I was in high school, I thought the town we live in WAS the country.
I really was so sheltered.
But I digress. We love our current house, it has so many memories both joyful and sad. We've just outgrown it and I long for some outdoor space.
This city girl hears the wilderness calling.
(I'm laughing so hard at myself right now....like I've ever heard the great outdoors even whisper my name...)
Anyway, we know we need to do some updates to our lovely home before it can sell. I was inspired, which is how I tend to roll with things, and went to work. I'm weird like that. I get an idea in my head and I work on it until it's done. My husband would call it a bit obsessive. I call it productive.
So, here are my home improvement inspired pictures. A long with my construction crew.
The kitchen before. A lovely 70's inspired piece of work.
My work crew. Many hands and what not.
We painted the cabinets a lovely coconut cappucino, the color chosen by my sister, who is an amazing decorator and stylist.
And the finished product, along with a very cute employee who worked in exchange for being able to live in this house.
I'm so over the moon pleased with this project and how it turned out. It was an inexpensive way to breathe new life into a run down, really used kitchen. Now my husband is waiting to see what is next on my list and I'm waiting for inspiration. Maybe I should be inspired to clean the house but really...what fun is that?
No comments:
Post a Comment