![]() |
| Those toes! |
One of our kids in particular struggles with sleep. He's had a c-pap since he was at least 3.
The microchip took 2 years before he slept through the night. The twins slept all night their first night with us and then took another year before they did again, consistently at least. Elijah....well....he might sleep through the night some day! Just kidding, just kidding. He's finally settled down, health wise, and sleeps like a champ.
In fact, I believe he has carcolepsy. You know, the sleep disorder where you fall asleep as soon as you click your seat belt? He has that. He pretty much will be talking 1 second and then, BOOM, sound asleep. It must be nice.
![]() |
| Every once in awhile, he sleeps. :) |
So yeah, sleep.
Today I was awoken at 3am. Not by a child, mind you, but by an irreverent Christmas card playing music at random intervals. "O Little Town of Bethlehem" did not bring about the lying still that the verses speak about. It brought about frantic digging through the closet trying to find the wicked little culprit. Also, I'm one of those weirdos who has to potty as soon as I wake up, so while I was digging, I was doing the potty dance. Eventually I gave up and ran to use the powder room. And the husband got up and found the card.
And we immediately fell back asleep. Because when you've been sleep deprived for 10 years that's what you do. Sleep. Whenever you can.
Soon I'll be working the night shift and I have to admit, I'm not even worried about it. I figure all the kids will be in school when I come home from work and I'll have the most restful "night" sleep ever!
So to all you lucky parents who's babies have been great sleepers from the day they came home, I salute you and envy your lack of dark eye circles.
To the rest of us zombies, well, may your bed be warm and inviting and your nights be silent.



No comments:
Post a Comment