Saturday, July 18, 2015

Because my Sister told me to.

It's been awhile.  A long while.  I needed the motivation to start writing again.  I woke up to a message from my little sister telling me I should start blogging and I thought, well, why not?  I've always loved writing and sometimes those 3 sentence FB posts just aren't enough, you know?  When your life is filled with as many quirky moments as mine, you need more space.

Besides, it's hotter than you know where outside and I just finished a two week stint as the camp nurse at a local church camp and I had to go get groceries this morning and I don't want to do anything else today.

Oh yes, you read that right.  I'm a nurse!

In May, I graduated with my BSN from Saint Louis University.  It was a one year, accelerated, hold on tight or you won't survive, nursing program.  I have to admit, it was the most challenging task I've ever tackled and I'm pretty pleased with the fact that I graduated without having a stroke or major panic attacks.   (Notice I said MAJOR...there were a few exams I walked out of where I thought, well, that is it, that's the exam that kicked me out of nursing school!) My husband and kids were troopers and managed to survive me being gone 12+ hours a day only to come home and study for another 12+ hours each night.  (wait, that doesn't add up...but that's totally how it felt).  Seriously, longest year ever but totally worth it.  I landed my dream job at an amazing children's hospital. Looking forward to starting that job in August and, won't lie to you, earning a paycheck again!

So, yeah, it's been an eventful year.  I'll slowly catch you up (or catch myself up if no one decides to read this).


For now, Johnny  and the first born are putting together a lawn mower so Noah can go get his work done.  I think Ethan is still asleep, Justin is off playing computer games, the twins and Elijah are downstairs arguing and the microchip is leaning on my arm talking on his cell phone.   Wait, now  he's climbing on the counter getting a drink.  And now he's playing with his letters on the fridge.   And now he's dancing around the kitchen singing.  I could pretty much just live blog him all day.

He's pretty entertaining.














No comments: