Monday, September 3, 2012

No Fear.

 There is this little man in my life who, for all general purposes, appears fearless.

We went to the park the other day (ok, ok, it was a LOT of other days ago) to kill some time while we waited for the big boys to get done with karate.  It was a nice little park with a fenced in area where the twins and micro could run free without me (necessarily) chasing after them.  I figured the twins would be UP and down this slide all morning and that the micro would hang out on the ground level with me.

Oh boy was I wrong.

My fearless wonder climbed right up to the top, chucked his sippy cup down the slide and quickly followed suit.  All by himself.  While the twins looked on.
This is his second or third time going down the slide.
Eventually, the twins realized it must be fun to go down the slide and not scary at all, seeing as their 1 year old brother did a bajillion times.
I want to live like that.
                                   I want to live with no fear.  

 All to often, though, I find myself like the twins.  Standing at the top of a gigantic slide, hesitant to jump while watching someone else have all the fun.  Why do I do that?
 Isn't my God bigger than all my fears?  Isn't He greater than all my anxieties?  Sheesh, woman, let go.  Fling yourself down the slide with no abandon!  

(let's make that a figurative statement, not literal, you have many surgeons who would LOVE for you to pay for their next vacations, k?)



"There is no fear in love.  But perfect love casts out fear...."  1 John 4:18

No comments: