Wednesday, July 4, 2012

New Every Morning

It's early in the morning.

The twins are watching their favorite rescuer and his rescue pack.

The "not-so-microchip" is wandering through the house waving bye-bye to everything and letting milk fall back out of his mouth.

The big boys are sleeping and so is their Dad.

I love early mornings.  I loved them more when I actually got to sleep all night but, I still love them.

Everything looks new.  Fresh.

Sure, I didn't get all the dishes done from yesterday so there's a mess in the sink.

There are demands as soon as you roll out of bed.

Diapers to be changed, pets to be fed, oh...and I should probably feed the children, too.  :)

But it's a new day.  Yesterday has been laid to rest.  The drama can be erased.  Mistakes forgiven.  A chance to try again.

"Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, 
that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days"

- Psalm 90:13-15


1 comment:

Alissa said...

Psalm 143:8, "Let me hear in the morning of your steadfast love,
for in you I trust.
Make me know the way I should go,
for to you I lift up my soul."

I love the morning too!