Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Messy Life

I've been chewing on this post for a few days now.  I've always enjoyed Lisa Qualls's writing and have followed her regular blog for a long time.  There is one part in this particular post that is really standing out to me today:

"I'm not the friend I used to be.  I rarely host guests for dinner, I almost never take a meal to somebody with a new baby, my house is no longer tidy, my children are not always well-behaved (and that is putting it mildly).  In short, my life is messy.
God knows what we need.  He knows what we can manage and what we can't.  Best of all, He never leaves us- never."
I would like to add that "someone is always crying, my house is in disarray 99% of the time, I'm always running behind schedule, I never get to go on dates with my husband and I neglect my friends all the time."

Messy, messy, messy.

Anyway, I encourage you to read her entire post and pretend that I wrote some of it because it so very much applies.

And know that while I am sorry I don't always get to go out and hang with my friends or when it looks like I'm not going to finish any medical degrees in the near future...I'm doing what is important right now and I don't have any regrets.

No comments: