Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Cooking Fail

This will never ever be a blog about cooking.

(nor will it be a hair blog but we've already covered that).

I've never claimed to be domestic, although I sure try. My strengths are, ahem, in other areas.

Proof.
These are supposedly the "easiest drop biscuits you can ever make from scratch."

Grand total of, oh 5 ingredients.

Maybe 4 steps to make them.

And I ruined them.

Twice.

The first time I made them I sort of mixed up baking soda and baking powder.

That doesn't make the biscuits rise...nor does it make the biscuits taste real good.

The second time I made them they turned out great!

The third time I decided to double the recipe, you know, because they were soooo good the 2nd time that everyone gobbled them up and I wanted to be a good mom and make sure everyone had enough to eat.

I doubled the ingredients and went to work.

Only they didn't turn out the way they did the last time. They were really, really flat and really, really salty and really, really buttery. (Get the picture).

Apparently the gravy the boys used covered up all these foul points because they ate them.

Still, I couldn't figure out what I did wrong. I even made sure I used baking powder this time!

We went to church and I forgot about our rotten breakfast.

Until communion when I popped that little piece of bread in my mouth and it clicked.

I forgot to double the flour.

The moral of this story? Not really sure unless it's "the husband should do all the cooking" or "never cook from scratch before 9 am" or "you never know what kind of epiphany you will have whilst participating in communion."

Either way...I'm going to buy frozen biscuits from here on out.

No comments: