Friday, July 22, 2011

Things that I have thought but other people have written better

I've never really done a post like this before, normally I just let my words flow out like I'm talking to you but there are some topics that I have a hard time talking about. Topics that make me teary, crabby, sassy or frustrated. Or...things that I find just plain interesting and cool but fear that you will be bored silly.

Like this photographer. I love the way she has photographed this little chocolate beauty. I want to do Miley's pictures like this someday!

Or this Open Letter to people who are always so curious in Miley's hair. Or Isaiah's for that matter.

Or the way people talk to me. I know you think you are being funny when you say stuff like "are you crazy?" or "you sure have your hands full" but...that hurts. It makes me feel BAD about myself. Betcha didn't know that...did you?

Then I think of this amazing girl, Katie....and I remember what God tells me on a daily basis.

He has entrusted me with much.



6 comments:

Marissa Mom to the Issa's said...

I think that open letter was nicely written! I am a follower of that blog and I think that it couldn't have been said any better. She was much nicer than I have ever been when someone has wanted to intrude upon mine or my children's space! I commend her for putting to words what NUMEROUS others want to say and doing it ever so "nicely"! Guess you can't please everyone!!!

Chrissy said...

Oh no! Marissa, that's why I tend to let OTHER people write serious stuff...I thought her letter was EXCELLENT! What I meant by "more nice" was...Please do not touch my daughter's head. Thanks. Not that her letter wasn't nice...ugh...I'm sorry, I hope I didn't offend you!

Rory Mullen said...

hi chrissy! i just want to say thank you for reading my blog and for referencing my open letter. boy, was it hard to write! marissa is a very close friend of mine and i, too, misunderstood your comment. im SO sorry for that.

i've been spending some time reading through your blog (hope you don't mind). what a lovely family you have! God has clearly blessed you all!

truthfully, i've always wanted 6 boys. i LOVE hockey always wanted my own team! :-D maybe someday.... :-)

Chrissy said...

Double ugh! Rory, I am SO sorry. I didn't mean it to offend in any way. Please forgive me. I am a faithful follower of your blog and I think your letter was great. I even shared it last night with our adoptive Mama group.

(of course...this is one of the only times I get comments and it is because I wrote something to fast without editing....triple ugh...lesson so very learned. I deleted that sentence in my post!)

Thank you for reading my blog and for taking the time to respond to my post. It means a lot.

Rory Mullen said...

LOL it's all good. if i had a dime for every time i hit publish without thinking (or proofreading first).... *sigh*

please know that i really DO appreciate your reading the blog and i'm really happy that you shared the link to the letter with your readers. it has obviously touched a nerve with many people ; perhaps i should have written it sooner! ;-)

Sally B said...

I vote for Miley in the red skirt and cowgirl boots. Love those!