What is it with me and cheesy 80's song lyrics these days? I'm so sorry....
We made a little detour on the way home from one of the microchip's latest appointments to visit one of the coolest archeological sites in the U.S of A.
I love that my boys dig history as much as I do.
(get it...dig?)
What I didn't love were all the steps but, I'm a wimp.
As you can see, it was a bit hot and hazy on this day. Not that today was different than any OTHER day this summer. Oofta...I'm really more of a fall girl, if you couldn't tell.
The only problem with climbing up all those stairs (besides the whole sweating and gasping for air thing) is that you eventually have to go back down. I could totally envision one of us (probably me) tripping and rolling on down the stairs knocking out all the other visitors like a bowler takes on those pins on league night.
We went to the inside part of the park in the "heat" of the afternoon (see how smart we are?) and it was SUPER cool! I mean cool as in awesome sauce (that's what Noah would say and he would be mortified to know that I just used his phrase).
So, all that to say, if you're looking for an inexpensive adventure to take when it is not 100 degrees outside, I highly recommend this place.
It was totally rad.
(is that more age appropriate Noah?)
No comments:
Post a Comment