I wanna go back to the NICU.
Things were nicer there. All the babies were cooking along nicely, and if they weren't, well, you didn't really know...
There weren't young boys crying next door because he just found out he has cancer. You don't hear the babies yelling "I don't want to die." Oh my heart...my heart...this precious boy. Pray for his family.
There weren't 16 year olds with brain tumors. So not fair.
12 year olds with brain bleeds caused by a blow to the bead during a softball game. What?
I'm sure things weren't great in the NICU but my rose colored glasses were firmly in place and I chose to see the positives. I saw how much those babies were growing and celebrated when each one went home.
Ugh.
Today has been so hard. I just want to go home. I want to snuggle by babies. I want to go to class. I even would LOVE to do laundry! (shocker!)
Here I sit though, listening to this family cry next door and realizing how very blessed I really am.
And praying that we can go home...soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment