Sunday, April 3, 2011

Out...and back in...

For the LOVE OF EGGS!

When they say this whole NICU experience is a roller coaster ride, they weren't kidding.

Good. Grief.

I'm seriously at a loss for words. My fingers are stuttering.

The extubated my little man today around 10a.m. I wasn't there when it happened, so when I walked in 30 minutes later and saw 8 thousand people hovering around my baby it sorted of freaked me out.

Turns out they were just watching him to make sure he wasn't going to tank on them again.

Phew. I guess.

My poor little man...goodness gracious....his airway was all swollen from the tube and his lungs were so full of secretions. They suctioned the biggest boogers ever from his nose (sorry, TMI?). He had stridor, though, and was retracting furiously. They did super strong breathing treatments to help calm him down. Gave him steroids. Did whatever they could to help him out but at 2:30 they had to re-intubate him.

This stinks. (actually, I'm pretty sure I told the doctor this sucks...sorry)

I asked (told) the doctor I wasn't leaving while they intubated him. I made sure I got to comfort him as best I could. I asked (told) the doctor that I would like him to have something if he gets agitated. She was ok with that.

I just want him well, people. I am so impatient and that is NOT a good combination here.

No comments: