I feel so bad for him. He feels better, I can tell. And he wants that crazy tube OUT. The docs call him a wild man because any chance he gets to break out of his super tight swaddling, he grabs for his tube. You can't tell me he doesn't know what he is doing. Those are some pretty intentional movements.
It just gets so discouraging to hear day after day "maybe tomorrow" and "we don't know exactly what is going on".
KJ is 36 weeks gestation today, that is 12 weeks in "real" terms. THREE months old! He weighed a whopping 4 lbs 12 ounces at last count. He is actually losing weight, which is a good thing. It means his swelling is going down and the lasiks are working.
Right now everything is just up in the air. No one knows when he is coming home. No one seems to really know ANY thing at this point.
The docs have all encouraged me to go to class while I can and be home with the rest of the kiddos as much as possible for right now. I can't hold KJ. I'm not much of a comfort to him right now...it's just sad.
So. Three days. Three long days until extubation. We can wait that long, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment