Thursday, March 3, 2011

Lagging Behind?

What I am not doing:

1. Cleaning my house
2. Keeping up with the laundry
3. balancing my check book every day
4. Remembering to feed the dog (sorry dog!)
5. Spending time with my friends


What I am doing:

1. Loving on a 2 lb 14 oz baby boy.
2. Trying to spend a bit of time each day with all 6 of the others (quality...not quantity)
3. Getting a 5 hour "date" with my hubby each week while we attend adoption training classes.
4. Driving 2 hours a day 5 days a week.
5. Attending most classes and keeping up (barely) with my school work.
6. Surviving....

I've got to get past the guilt of not doing every thing well.

My kids aren't going to care 15 years from now that our house was "not so clean" during this time.

They might care if they don't have clean underwear tomorrow....should probably go put that load in the dryer.

They will totally care that my hubs and I spent time with them and show them how much we love them.

Tonight I got home from the hospital and just laid on the couch and let the twins jump all over me. (I have the bruises to prove it!)

Tonight I took my oldest two to visit Grandpa and got to chat with them in the car for awhile.

Tonight my oldest four and I sat around the table and talked and ate ice cream.

I don't think we are lagging behind. I think we are right on track.

No comments: