Sunday, March 6, 2011

10 month-aversary

In honor of our 10- month "Gotcha Day" aversary, I thought I would tell you the top ten lessons I've learned from being a Mom of twins.

1. Twins can conquer any baby gate known to man.
2. Twins will coordinate their schedules so at least one of them wakes up every night.
3. Twins don't just make 2x the mess a singleton does, that mess exponentially greater. Like a hurricane, only worse.
4. Twins are wonderful playmates. Seriously. Best buddies.
5. People will never stop asking if they are identical. Never.
6. You should never leave 19 month old twins alone with a bottle of lotion for longer than 1 minute.
7. You should never leave 19 month old twins alone with anything for longer than 1 minute.
8. You get way more hugs when you have twins.
9. You get way more dirty diapers when you have twins.
10. .....wait for it......twins really are double the fun!

Oh come on...you know I can't resist a cheesy, expected pun, right?

I totally had to type this post while being clobbered by 2 very affectionate toddlers. And by affectionate, I mean busy, climbing fools.

(and please know...I didn't really leave the twins "alone", I went to put laundry away in the next room...silly me thinking they would follow me when there was an enticing bottle of lotion nearby).

HAPPY TEN MONTHS M and I! Can't believe we've had you for so very long.

No comments: