Monday, February 7, 2011

The post in which I don't age one bit....

Twelve years ago, I became a Mama.
(well, if you want to be technical it was 38 weeks before the twelve years. I stink at math.)

But you know who does NOT stink at math? This kid.


This handsome young fellow rocked our world. He is kind, stubborn, passionate, strong-willed, brilliant, talented, hormonal and wonderful. My first born. The leader of the minions. The conqueror of 1000 page books and multi-level video games. And I am in love with this boy.
So are his little brothers (and sister). Justin made this caterpillar for Noah. That's love, right there. Ethan made an igloo in his honor. You will see pictures of that tomorrow. Elijah declared that he wasn't going to do chores in honor of his brother's birthday. That one didn't work out so much.

Noah's basketball team decided to win both games tonight in honor of his birthday. Such devotion. :)
And still...despite all the accolades...what did he have to eat for dessert? Dirt.Noah, you are a masterpiece. God's masterpiece. I couldn't be more proud of the young man you are becoming.

1 comment:

Sally B said...

I think he is pretty remarkable too. Love you, Noah! Mrs. B.