Do you like how I just totally dove in to blogging again yesterday without even offering a whimper of an excuse for abandoning you?
Sorry about that. I'll make it up to you with this long winded post, ok? Feel the love like these two in this picture over there.
I can't even begin to tell you how, well, involved our lives have been these past few months.
9 months to be exact.
Ok, not true. 9 months tomorrow but whatever.
I am still taking pre-med classes. Still raising 6 kids. Not working my "part time" job at church anymore and Grandpa has been staying with my mom for the last 3 weeks. Noah is in the middle of basketball season. Ethan is in the middle of his tumbling year. Justin and Elijah also tumble, though not competitively and Miles and Izzy are along for the ride. Johnny is spending time learning some mad mandolin playing skillz...in addition to his already ridiculous guitar playing skillz...
We've been snowed in more often than not these past months and I thank God for the "forced family time". The snow makes us slow down and I'm cool with that. Plus, you actually get two blog posts in a row. I mean, it can't get much better than that, can it?
What a full life we lead. I love it.
I recently joined a group of Adoptive Mamas who meet regularly and pretty much just shoot the breeze. I can not tell you how refreshing this group is to me. I don't know the girls all that well yet. I just know that I belong there. We have journeyed similar paths and they don't judge or criticize. They don't bat an eye when I say I have 6 kids and if God sends more, so be it. So freeing. I'll have to tell you about the random way I found out about this group some day.
We are still waiting on our court date so we can finalize our adoption. I thought it would be in February but maybe not? It's not looking good. March? April? May Maybe? Someday.
My oldest son is turning 12 this week. I, however, am not aging one bit.
Miley and Isaiah are eating their lunch across from me while I type. It's their first time experience a PB & J (I need to get to the store!). The fact that I am having to duck while typing, tells me that perhaps they don't like it so much. Flying PB & J anyone?
That's all. I'll leave you alone for another few months. Or not.
1 comment:
You had better not leave us for a few months! But I know if you do, it is because it quit snowing!
Post a Comment