(I need to write this down before I forget)
Today was one of those days...tough...frustrating...not my favorite sort of days.
And I've been struggling, particularly, in caring for my aging Grandpa who lives with us.
Tonight, on the way to tumbling, we drove past an assisted living home, where we saw some flashing lights.
I immediately said, "Oh no...there's an ambulance."
Little E: "What did you say?"
Me: "I said there's an ambulance there. At the place where the Grandma's and Grandpa's live."
Little E: "Why do they live there?"
Me: "Well, they live there when they don't have anyone else who can take care of them"
Little E: "OUR Grandpa doesn't have to live there, he lives with us. We take care of him. He used to have to live all alone but now he lives with us. Cuz we're his family now.....I love Grandpa...."
Oh Elijah...you have no idea how much your words hit me today.
No comments:
Post a Comment