Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Post Where I Bare My Soul

I'm not overwhelmed.

I'm not.

At least, I'm not until someone says to me "I don't know how you are doing all this" or "You must be superwoman" or something similar.

And then I start second guessing myself. I start thinking, "Wow, maybe this is harder than I think it is. Maybe I should be freaking out right now. Maybe I should give something up so that life would be more calm."

And THEN, then I get overwhelmed.

Don't get me wrong, there are times when I feel guilty about taking my new babies to day care while I'm at class or leaving my husband late at night to go study while the kids are sleeping...but...

I firmly believe that God doesn't give us more than we can handle with HIS strength. I do also believe, however, that sometimes WE take on more than God intends us to take on.

And maybe I'm living in denial, or I mixed the wrong chemicals together in lab today and am enjoying the results (JUST kidding!) but I don't think this is the case. God hasn't brought me this far to leave me now. He blessed me with each and everyone of these children. He brought Grampa to us exactly when he needed us and we needed him. He gave me the vision of being a doctor and He is giving me the strength to pursue it.

So, I think when someone tells me they think I'm superwoman, I'll just smile and nod and tell them thanks.

But really, it's all about a Super God.

No comments: