Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Doctor

I remember how tough well baby check ups were...I've done them a number of times with the oldest boys.

Multiply that tough by 2 and you have my day! WOW!

Let me just tell you what you can not do when you have twins:
1. You can not write legibly on paperwork.
2. You can not complete said paperwork in less than 30 minutes.
3. You can not run out to the car because you forgot to bring in your guardianship papers and just ask them to "sit quietly" because you'll "be right back".
4. You can not set one down on the cold tile floor while you attempt to change the other one's diaper.
5. You can not NOT be dripping with sweat by the end of the appointment.
6. You can not hear the pediatrician over their screams.
7. You can not avoid gigantic scratch marks given by a panicked BG.
8. You can not get upset that you don't know all their medical history and can't answer any of the doctor's questions.
9. You can not be afraid to ask for help.
10. You can not help but smile when you hear (at least you THINK you hear...) Doc say that they are beautiful and healthy.

Our pediatrician is amazing. I always knew that....but the way she handled the babies and their OCD new Mama just blew me away.

That said...next time? I'm bringing reinforcements. And more deodorant and perhaps a sweat towel.

1 comment:

Carie Casey said...

I once made the mistake of taking my 2 year old to a well baby appointment for my youngest. I can relate. The one thing that's different was my 2 YO was turning off lights before and during the DR visit, climbing on everything and just being overall boyish. It was horrible. I too was very sweaty. In fact when you said yesterday that you took them both to the DR, sweaty was one of the first discriptive words I though of. Good luck girl.