Monday, April 27, 2009

Miley Monday

God works in mysterious ways. What a funny saying. But true.

I got a funny package in the mail on Thursday. Looked like junk mail. I opened it up and lo and behold, it was the adoption information I requested from Ohio (OJFS) many moons ago (and in my house, I should clarify....days...not...well....mooning moons). What a pleasant surprise! They have an unusually high number of placements in the state, so I am looking forward to talking to them soon.

And the best part of my week was Friday night. Here is the mysterious, funny way that God works:

Every Monday and Friday I spend 3 hours sitting around the gym, watching Ethan do his gymnastic-y thing. I usually find someone to chat with (that's just how I work) or read or play on my laptop or something. I've been sitting next to the same couple of families since January. Never really talked much, just, how do you put it? Shot the breeze? Something like that, ANYway, last night was different. One of Ethan's teammate's Grandma came hobbling in with an ankle cast. Well, we all now I love broken bone stories, so I jumped right in and wanted to hear all about it and blah, blah, blah. Somehow that conversation led to another and another and before I know it, in the course of 2 hours, I found out ALL about her 2 domestic adoptions that took place 25 and 30 years ago! We just talked and talked and she gave me all sorts of advice in raising adopted children and told me her stories and how they "lost" one baby and on and on. It was WONDERFUL! God knew how much I needed that conversation. What a wonderful piece of encouragement to my heart. And such perfect timing, too.

So, that's all I've got for Miley today. Keep praying. It'll happen.

No comments: