Thursday, March 5, 2009

Barnes

I spent yesterday and will spend the next several days with my Grandpa at Barnes-Jewish in StL. This morning he is having a rather, shall we say, "intense" surgery to repair an abdominal aortic aneurysm. Please pray for Grandpa, that God's will be done...and please pray for me that I can care for him and be a strong advocate.

FYI, I'm pretty sure I made a male RN cry yesterday....Let me just say that you shouldn't come into my family's room and say "Well, I'm not sure what they are doing on him, but he signed the consent form." NOT even. He ran to get Dr. Sanchez's fellow (ah, thank you Grey's) who promptly explained exactly what they were doing to my Grandpa.

Thanks for the prayers. I'll try to answer my phone calls today. Service isn't all that great inside the great BJH.

No comments: