Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Um....yikes?

Yesterday was not a good day. Well, it was...but it wasn't. Yesterday I got to see my favorite orthopedic surgeon.

It did not go well.

Apparently I have a few screws loose (which my brother would tell you he knew all along).

And they have to remove them.

With surgery.

Fast. Like probably next week fast.

So, I'm over my initial shock and now have gone into plan and prepare mode. I bought a turkey. Yes, I bought a turkey. I have a babysitter coming Thursday so I can finally get some Christmas shopping done. I'm frantically trying to get presents shipped out to my family out west.

I'm listing all the things that I haven't done yet for Christmas:
1. No tree.
2. No presents.
3. No plans.

Getting the picture????

I'm am so up a creek with out a paddle. But...I do have my crutches.

I had a CT scan done this morning to find out if the bones in my leg have truly fused together so that the good doctor can actually remove the screws that are working their own merry little way out of my leg. If not...then I have no idea....and I don't even want to think about it.

I will not panic. I will not panic. I will not panic.

1 comment:

TomandBecky said...

Here--you can borrow from my stash of brown paper bags. Deep breaths! Here's praying for absolute, perfect peace from the giver of all good things. It will be ok. :)