Thursday, December 4, 2008

'TIs the Season!


Hello fellow friends who are running around like crazy people! Ethan asked me this morning why December was so busy and why nothing cool ever happened in, say, June. I had no answer for him (except that, um, MAD camp is in June and his birthday! Hello?) So, here is what the Matthews' family is up to or has been up to or will be up to:

1. This Sunday night is our children's Christmas program. All 4 boys will be involved. Elijah is in the Cradle Roll Nativity and in Angel Band (our sweet little choir for 4 & 5 yo's. Yes, he is advanced...). Justin and Ethan are in Gospel Train. Ethan has a sweet little solo and Justin has a speaking line (which I keep forgetting to rehearse with him because.....) and Noah is in the "big kid" musical" that I happen to direct! (the picture is of Noah when he was in the little choir! How cute! Janet, do you see Jenesis?)

2. Next weekend is the "adult" program. (I don't know why but "adult" always makes me think that the program is naughty or something.) I happen to be playing the part of Mary. And for some reason they decided to WRITE in the contraction pains, so I've been practicing. I've also discovered that I am terrible, which is odd because I have given birth FOUR TIMES. I think I just get too embarrassed. So anyway, come out next Friday, Saturday or Sunday at 7, 7, or 6, respectively. I promise, the rest of the play is actually really good.

3. Last Sunday was the first annual Christmas Pops concert at our church. Can I just tell you that Johnny is an amazing guitarist? And the fact that he was surrounded by so many other amazing musicians only added to the goose bumps that I had all night? Delicious.

As you can tell, we live at church during the Christmas season, so please forgive me if I don't live up to your bloggy expectations!

On another note.....I hung up our Christmas lights today. All by myself. With a big ladder. And guess what I did? (no I didn't fall, goobers). I hung up the WRONG lights! I hung up the lights that are supposed to go inside the candy canes we put up in our lawn. I couldn't figure out why they looked so goofy. Now I know...so if you happen to drive by today before I get them down....well...enjoy!

No comments: