Friday, December 5, 2008

Ring Them Bells

Most of you know that I grew up as an officer's kids...aka preacher's kid. My Mom and Dad are pastor's for the Salvation Army, so I spent every Christmas ringing those bells at your local store. I had to carry on the tradition, but with a twist, of course!



I had the boys bring their Christmas books and we had a sing-a-long in front of the pop machines. You'd be amazed at how many people chose to purchase a 7-up as opposed to putting their change in the kettle.
Have you every seen a bearded 5 year old ringing bells? J-man got lots of cash! He looked in the kettle and said "We are eatin' good tonight, kids!" Ah, so proud.

1 comment:

TomandBecky said...

Yes! The beard strikes again! Seriously though, you're teaching your kids a lot, Chrissy--well done! And it's never too early to start a Jonas Brothers type thing...