
I get a lot of comments about my bravery (craziness?) in traveling with the boys on my own. It's really not that bad, until you have to deal with the bathrooms...and this trip was no exception...even with a Grandpa to help on the way!

Before I get there, though, I need to give a shout out to Marti and Stephanie for lending me dvd players. Thanks to your generosity I had 4 screens and 5 hours of peace! SCORE!
So, the trip.
We stopped at a gas station in Lincoln around 9:00a.m. Grandpa took all 4 boys into the men's room. No problem right? Except for the fact that I hear them all start screaming "ELIJAH NO!" and "PULL YOUR PANTS BACK UP!" and "WE SEE YOUR _____" and I see several men walking out shaking their heads and chuckling and looking at me with pitying glances. I'm tempted to run in but I keep thinking "no, surely Grandpa can handle this". He did not. Eventually, after much cringing and blushing, they emerged. I didn't want to know what really happened in there. I couldn't even scold them. We just had to get out....fast.
Our next stop was at a McDonald's in Pontiac, around 11:00. This time I took Elijah with me. He went potty while I stood outside the door (because he need pwivacy). All of a sudden, the toilet starts flushing and I hear "OH NO!" and see Elijah DIVE out from under the stall. And I mean DIVE, in the air, full out heading for home to beat the catcher DIVE. Apparently, Elijah is not fond of the automatic flushers. What would I give to have video footage....
We finally made it to Mom's around 12:30 and proceeded to enjoy a peaceful evening of 7 cousins, 1 Mom, a Grammy and a Great-Grandpa.

Peaceful?
Not so much....
2 comments:
That bathroom story is a classic. Always good to do a dive on those public restroom floors! Ugh--I can only imagine the fun. I'm sure you kept drinking in the car to a minimum to avoid more pit stops than absolutely necessary after that. Glad you write these things down for future girlfriends to know. :)
Is it just me, or does Ethan REALLY look like Johnny in that first pic?
Ethan looks JUST like Johnny and acts like him, too. Noah looks so much like me. There is a picture on facebook floating around of me my sophomore year in highschool...let's just say...I make a very cute boy.
Post a Comment