
It pays to be a home schooling teacher...well....not literally....but on this trip it did! Did you know that teachers can get in free to any exhibit at most (all?) Chicago museums? Tis true! This day also happened to be a "free for everyone" day. You just had to pay to see the extra stuff, like the movies and sharks.
If you've never been to the aquarium, I encourage you to go! Just wait until summer, because the BEST part was closed for remodeling until then.
Throughout the aquarium, we kept hearing things like "this fish is millions of years old" or "back in the days when dinosaurs ruled the earth", etc. My Mama heart was so proud! My boys kept responding "but, we don't believe that, right Mom?" Or "that's not true!" At least they are learning something! I love that my kids are learners. That they are fascinated by even the tiniest fish in the sea. That they always have questions (and GOOD questions) to ask the instructors, speakers, or tour guides. It was a good day. A very good day....until the end...but you'll see a few of those pictures tomorrow. Let's just say that with 6 children under 9, you are bound to get some grumpies!
You weren't allowed to use flash anywhere...and it was pretty dark...therefore I didn't get great pictures.
1 comment:
Good for your boys! I had that experience recently when I saw the dinosaur exhibit at the Carnegie Museum of Natural History with a friend. I wanted to cross out a bunch of stuff on the plaques with a Sharpie. Instead I just muttered about it under my breath... :)
Post a Comment