Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Lincoln Museum


FIELD TRIP!!!! I love me a good field trip and today was rocking. My friend Julie and I have had this trip in the works for a year (we were supposed to go last year but somebody decided to spend all of her free time on crutches. Jerk..oh wait...that was me!) I digress. Julie and her youngest 2 girls (who are teenagers) accompanied the Matthews' tribe to the Lincoln Museum. If you haven't been there, let me tell you, you have to go! Everything about that place was topnotch. The theater productions were phenomenal. It had something for everyone, really!















The boys posed for this shot all on their own. They are that well trained, let me tell ya.


Their favorite part was Mary's Attic which was filled with costumes to play dress-up, toys from that time period, a huge doll-house replica of Lincoln's Springfield home and a kitchen, also authentic to that time.

Seriously, go!

4 comments:

TomandBecky said...

YEA--a picture with you and your boys together! Looks like a really cool place. Must be a neat aspect of home schooling for you to pick out field trips. And if you're interested in history, I'm sure it was as fun and educational for you as it was for them!

TomandBecky said...

p.s. love that purse!

Chrissy said...

Yes, those pictures are rare. Thank goodness for a friend who made me sit down with them!
As for the purse? Consignment shop baby!

Ann-Marie said...

You look great, Chrissy!