Well, we did it. We finally made the decision.
We are going to home school again next year.
I wasn't going to do it. In fact, I had myself all psyched up for the first day of public school. I was ready. Life was going to be a breeze! Only one kid at home all day, 2 entire mornings to myself while he was at preschool. So many opportunities for freedom.
Then it sank in.
My kids were going to be gone from me for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, 180 days a year.
I started to think about all the possibilities they have here at home. Learning Spanish. Playing the guitar. Bible lessons. Character building. Studying things they want to study (within reason) and going at their pace.
And we decided to go for it one more year.
And hey, please, know that home schooling is not for every family and I by NO means find you less of a Mom/Dad if you choose public school. This is what works for us Matthews-es.
No comments:
Post a Comment