Thursday, May 22, 2008

While at the Zoo today...

My boys are an adventure and I really can not wait
a little girl into this mix, just to shake things up.
Everywhere we go I get comments about the fact that I have "all boys" and "wow, you are brave" and so on. I've only gotten the "all they all yours?" comment a few times. I'll take that as a compliment because maybe they think I'm too young to have so many kids. A
girl can dream...but I digress. I took the boys to the zoo yesterday. This is not an unusual thing. I have no problems taking all 4 of them wherever I go and I have to admit that I pride myself on this. This time? Well...this time Elijah decided he was going to give a hand to the scripture that states pride comes before a fall. Remember, this is May. The zoo is jammed packed with school field trips, moms tired of being cooped up all winter, hundreds of zoo employees, etc. What does Elijah do? Elijah drops his pants in the middle of the crowded picnic area and PEES! Are you kidding me? Oh, and he was so proud of himself. And I was humiliated. I'm mean, seriously, I'm having flashbacks to school children laughing and pointing and mothers shaking their heads and me jumping up to stop him but not really sure how to pull up his pants mid-stream (all in slow motion) yelling "NOOOOOOooooooo". Are you picturing this?

A word of caution: do not walk through a crowded penguin house while carrying a 30 pound 3 year old on your back. Especially with a bad knee. You will slip and have images of very angry orthopedic surgeons flash before your eyes. And it will hurt.

Anyone want to go to the zoo with me?

1 comment:

Ferris Family said...

Chrissy, I'm laughing so hard, I've been there!!! Nelson loves to pee in inappropriate places, loves to!!!!! Front yard, church parking lot, Grant's Farm stables... You get the picture.

PS, I would go to the zoo with you anytime!