Friday, May 30, 2008

Apparently I can't count and something else that I'm thinking about

So, my last post? Actually it was only my 99th. See, I told you I had to drop out of math for morons! What a dork. Seriously.

Here is something I've been thinking about this week and my thinking these thinky thoughts has increased in great magnitude in the last 24 hours. My struggle? How much do I let my boys be boys and where do I draw the line with the gross, crass comments and behavior. See, I'm all for my boys "being boys" and I have no problem with the mud (although after the 3rd shower yesterday I did lose it a bit) and the never ending cuts/scrapes/bruises and the often stinky outside boy smell. What gets me is the talk. The constant references to burps and farts and male parts. I don't know...what's a mom to do? There is just something wrong with my sweet little 3 year old saying "I fawted." Any thoughts? I could really use some insight here. I know I tend towards the strict side with my kids. Help?

1 comment:

Ferris Family said...

My thought? There is a time and a place for everything. I'm all for my boys being silly, burping, farting, and "potty talk"ing. We had to establish the rule no potty words (bodily function names, private's names...) outside of the bathroom. I was sick and tired of constantly hearing the words fart and penis throughout our house. Travis has stepped in on more than one occasion to kindly remind the older 2 that I am a girl and girls don't like certain topics of conversation and that it should be kept for when I'm not around (read our blog from last week, there's a great example on there of just this). We also remind them that certain things should only be announced, said, asked, discussed in the privacy of our home. The public (entire Olive Garden restaurant) does not need to hear everything.