I'll admit it. I had Joey's poster. Of course, I had it hidden under my bed because we weren't necessarily allowed to listen to New Kids on the Block, but I had it! Bought with my own babysitting money way back in 1990. (Ouch...writing that year hurt a bit). I loved them! I was a latchkey kid so I had time after school to learn their dance moves and memorize all the lyrics. Yes, I lived a sad, sad life.
Fast forward to 2001. I scored tickets to see yet another boy band, *nysnc. I totally went to the concert with my sister (that's right Mel! I'm telling the world!) and we were very much the oldest people there who were not attending with their 12 year old daughters. I loved every minute of that concert! Quite frankly, this was my rebellion for not being allowed to go see NKOTB when they were in Milwaukee and all my friends got to go.
Fast forward to this morning. Friday's are pretty lazy days for us. I was folding some laundry in my room and watching the Today show (which is a rarity anymore) and who was on TV? NEW KIDS!!! WHAT???? I wanted to start screaming and jumping around like all the crazy woman my age down on the plaza. Of course I restrained myself but I did feel a little bit lite headed and giddy. WHAT??? They are back? Oh you betcha baby, they are back. With a new album and tour and I am so going. Okay, probably not. But, it's fun to think about! Oh, and what really cracked me up was the amount of wrinkles on a couple of the guys faces! Yikes.
So, my life has come full circle, only this time I don't have to hide the fact that I love boy band music. I am not ashamed.
Please don't think less of me.
1 comment:
I so love reading your blog!!! It makes me smile, laugh, and cry all at the same time!!! I would so go to a NKOTB concert....road trip...I know Missy was quite fond of them as well!
Post a Comment