Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Frazzled

I’ve been feeling frazzled, and when I am frazzled, I get too hard on everyone, especially myself. I get frustrated with myself for not being everything I want to be: patient, organized, creative, loving, fun-loving. I truly want make our home a place where joyful things happen. But the to-do list keeps getting in the way. In the last few months I’ve been struggling to get my balance right, but I can’t seem to make a day look how I want it to look. The DOING sucks up all the time and leaves me at the end of the day wondering when exactly I really focused on my boys and Johnny that day. I’d love to live my life so mindfully, fully appreciating each moment, always conscious that I am serving my Savior as I serve my family. But truthfully in moments like this I just want to escape.
My impatience overwhelms me, frustrates me, humiliates me. I am so not what I want to be. I want to be better than this! So where do I give up and give in? Where do I cut back to make my life more manageable, more reasonable? I sure would appreciate your thoughts.

No comments: