Remember, before you read this...pray for us! (see the post on Ethan).And the last shall be first, or something like that! Noah Benjamin Matthews, AKA Noah Ben, came into this world on a rainy February day. I jokingly called him my lucky 7's because he was 7lbs, 7oz and was born on the 7Th. He was actually supposed to be born on the 2ND, we went in to be induced and tried to deliver him for 24 hours and nothing. So they sent me home and told me to wait a week. Nice. If you've ever been pregnant, you know how exceedingly awful that is. So, we went back on the 6Th (not really a week) and after 24 hours of
labor (this is now 48 total) the doctor told me I would have to have a c-section. With all the determination I could muster (and let me tell you, I am one determined girl) I pushed that kid out! No c-section for me. Too much information? Probably...yet, this is the first example of Noah thinking he is in charge. Not much has changed.
labor (this is now 48 total) the doctor told me I would have to have a c-section. With all the determination I could muster (and let me tell you, I am one determined girl) I pushed that kid out! No c-section for me. Too much information? Probably...yet, this is the first example of Noah thinking he is in charge. Not much has changed.Noah is your typical first born, alpha male kid. Noah is in charge. He likes everything done according to his standards, which are high. He's also the kind of kid that won't try something if he thinks he is going to fail at it. He's kind of like his Mom....sorry kid.
Noah is a natural leader. He is honest and trustworthy and extremely responsible. Again, all typical first born traits but it's Noah!
My almost 9 year old is in a really interesting phase of life. He is "almost grown" as he describes himself, but is really still a little boy. He is in limbo. And right now, his Dad's opinion of him means the world to him. He tries to impress his Dad and be like him. I can
see how a father/son relationship can make or break a boy. There's a reason why God created families the way he did...but I digress.
see how a father/son relationship can make or break a boy. There's a reason why God created families the way he did...but I digress.
The thing about Noah is that he just oozes talent. He is incredibly intelligent. He loves soccer and lives for when the season begins. He is a gifted musician, already excelling at singing and playing piano and now is learning guitar (wants to be like his daddy, remember?). Homeschooling is great for that. He gets to spend lots of time playing. And now I need a soundproof room. I know I sound like a braggart of a Mom....I don't mind. I'm proud of that boy.Noah is the best big brother anyone could have. He looks after his "minions" and is always "in the know" (whether we want him to be or not) on what's going on with each one of them. Elijah simply adores him. I hope that Noah will continue to have such a positive influence in the lives of his brothers.
This is how Ethan describes Noah: "Well, he really loves Legos and he likes doing stuff his own way and that's all I know."Did I mention that Noah is a huge Cardinals fan? We went to his first game last spring and he is hooked!
Well, that's it...for now....someday I will blog about what my daughter is like! I could tell you about the other female in the house right now, but she is a rotten dog....pretty and loud.
Talk to you in a week! Thanks for praying!
1 comment:
I just read all four parts and loved it. I was wishing you had more kids so that I could hear about them. What a gift you both have, you with your boys and your boys have you. Can you write me a parenting book on raising boys real quick. eliot's almost two, so if you could hurry....
btw: praying for you guys!
Post a Comment