Monday, August 13, 2012

Random Awesomeness

*In an effort to console Miley after fighting over a toy, Isaiah offers his sister a (used) band-aid as a peace offering.
          "Here Meinie"
          Miley (wilst screaming and running from the room): "I don wan you bisgusing ban-aaaaaaaid!!!!!"

*On the way to a pool party, I went over the typical rules for expected Matthews' behaviour.
             Me:  "Boys, don't drown, don't fight, no flirting with the girls..."
             Ethan: "Noah doesn't know HOW to flirt."
             Me:  "And you do, Ethan?"
             Noah:  "Yes, he does! He flirts all the time!"
             Ethan (smiles smugly):  "Yup, I googled how."

*On a recent date with Justin, we somehow got on the topic of living in a small town.
            "Mom, if I  move to Chicago, will you still visit me?"
             Me:  "Absolutely, I'll visit you wherever you live!"
             "And will you watch my kids when I have to go on business trips?
             Me:  "Of course"   (secretly wiping away tears)

*Judah doesn't say "uh oh", he says "oy".
           Me:  "Judah, please don't throw your food to the dog"
           Judah:  "Oy"  and does it again.

*In regards to VBS:
        "Whew, E, I'm so glad we remembered to drop off those choclate chip cookies.  I've done my VBS              duty.  HA!  I said duty"
           ---silence----
        E (eventually):  I'm helping with two things at vbs, fun!
        Me:  "That means you have double duty!  Get it?  Double duty?  BAHAHAHAHA"
        E:  "Real mature, Mom.  Real mature."


1 comment:

Erin said...

I.
Love.
Your.
Children.