I have one week left until the big kids go back to school.
Just one week.
7 days.
My heart hurts a little, it really does. Where did the summer go?
I'm getting a sense of deja vu.
This summer was way better (excellent grammar, right? I might as well have written more gooder) than the last two summers. Man, were those 2 tough. First adding 9 month old twins, then adding a medically fragile newborn the next? We didn't do anything but survive those 2 years. This year we actually did things. We made a "summer bucket list" and we accomplished most of them! I think all that is left is tye dying shirts and going to the Caverns. Not too shabby.
I'm not really ready for summer to be over. I love the freedom. I love deciding what we will do each day, not having the school schedule and the amount of homework each day dictate when we can have family time. Call me crazy (Actually don't, I'll kick you in the shin) I just like having my kids around!
I am, however, ready for the pool to go away in the backyard.
And I'm ready for jeans and sweatshirts.
And all the Fall smells and colors.
So, I guess since I really can't stop time, I'll enjoy this last week and I'll enjoy when the kids are in school. I'll enjoy homeschooling Elijah and I'll enjoy sending the twins to preschool!
No comments:
Post a Comment