Saturday, July 7, 2012

Slothful Saturday

Wait, is that a real type of blog post?  Do other people celebrate the slothfulness that is Saturday?  I sure hope so because here at our house, we are celebrating sloth.  And not the animal.

I blame the 10 days of 100* weather.

Or the fact that every once in awhile my body tells me ENOUGH and grants me a headache so large that I am forced to either sleep or cry like it did a few weeks ago when I couldn't drag myself out of bed to save. my. life.

Or the fact that there is no caffeinated soda of the diet variety in my house.

I digress.

I have every intention of lounging around the house on this, the first day with NOTHING on the calendar in weeks or months.

Only my husband got up to go help my friends move.  (I told him I was not aiding their move in any way because I'm totally against it.  :) )

The baby decided he missed me and woke up EVERY hour and not just the "oh I'm awake whimper", we're talking the full on "scream at the top of your lungs and wake up the entire house if my mom doesn't get here in 3, 2, 1..." scream.   You know the one.

A neighbor stopped by to ask if they could borrow our tent for a party today (good thing I had just thrown on something other than my jammies!  Ok...not true...still had on my jammies).

And I realized I need to do laundry.

And I decided that since it was the last day of 100* weather (PLEASE!) that I should finally make some "car baked" cookies.  (I'll let you know how that goes.)

And there is that whole "sanitary bathrooms are happy bathrooms" philosophy.

So, here's to the day of sloth!  Or what is as close to sloth as we will ever get right now.

(and you're welcome for this post (ha!  Just kidding, just kidding)...it was either type it out here or make the LONGEST status update ever)

No comments: