Jeremy and Catherine got married last weekend and we got to be there.
Miss Miley was the flower girl and she was gorgeous.
And full of candy.
We had some time in between pictures and the ceremony so we found some ways to entertain ourselves.
Then the actual ceremony began. Here's the deal. The night of the rehearsal was rough. We had just finished a week of "stay-cationing" with the hubby's side of the family and Miley was, well, a hot mess. As it was, I left Isaiah at home because I knew there was NO way he would tolerate a large crowd. I thought Miles would be ok. Or...not so much. Let's just say that walking down the aisle in front of the bride didn't work out in rehearsals. So, we changed the game plan the next morning. I kept telling Miley that her job that morning was to find Jeremy and give him flowers and when she did, Jeremy would give her some candy.
It worked. All morning Miley would hunt for Jeremy. When she found him, she would give him her bouquet and he would give her candy. Geniuses, that's what we are.
Miley walked down the aisle with the Maid of Honor.
Got the candy from Jeremy.
Ran BACK down the aisle at full speed, complete with clacking of the beads and yelling MOMMY!
She did her job.
The boys perched on the back row so they could see.
Judah slept through the entire ceremony which was a blessing.
This was our survival bag, complete with the bouquet for candy.
Miley kept watching for the Groom the rest of the ceremony. She did her ballerina turns while she waited for him.
She also entertained herself by licking the pew. But whatevs....Eventually she gave up waiting and ran down the aisle and joined the bride and groom as they greeted the guests.
The reception was lovely and so simple. Just a bunch of friends having a nice dinner. Complete with yellow lip whistles.
(did I tell you they got engaged after they babysat our crew one night?)
I survived a night in a hotel with 5 children.
And my daughter has her first crush on a candy carrying groom.
All in all, I say it was a good day.
1 comment:
One of my favorite weddings!
Post a Comment