Let me tell you a little story. A story about a bird. A story about a bird and her nest.
A story about a bird, her nest and the unfortunate location of said nest.
Many moons ago, my parents came to visit. While on this visit, we noticed that there was a bird constantly flying away from our front door every time we left the house. I just assumed the bird was crazy (it fit in around here) and didn't think too much of it. I do remember thinking it odd that the bird kept flying from the folding up double stroller on our front patio.
I also remember thinking I should probably use that stroller once in awhile...you know...for exercise or something.
Eventually, the bird left. Or we moved the stroller. I can't remember which.
Fast forward a few weeks (say 3?). We had a big storm roll through Sunday night and I asked (ok, told) my husband to please move the strollers (yes I have a problem with stroller collecting) inside so they didn't get destroyed in the rain.
Mind you...we've had SEVERAL rain storms where I've just let this stroller sit outside and didn't worry one bit.
So no big deal. It just sat in our "shoe closet" (aka front foyer) for the day.
Monday afternoon, Elijah asked if we could go for a scooter ride. I've been trying REALLY hard to be a "yes" mom (when the requests are reasonable) and plus, we just had the " your children need to exercise more" lecture a few hours earlier, so we got ready to go.
I chose the double stroller for today's adventure. For some reason, I decided to open the stroller in the house and put the baby in it to wait while I got Miley ready. I opened the stroller AND THERE WAS A BIRD'S NEST INSIDE!
Seriously. A humongous bird's nest in the second row of the stroller.
I won't lie to ya. I squealed and slammed the stroller back shut and sort of shoved it toward Elijah. (Don't ask me why).
Justin, Ethan and Elijah all sprang into action. They took the stroller outside and opened it up. And discovered...
There was an egg in the nest. My sweet, sweet boys transplanted the nest from the stroller (I didn't get a picture of it IN the stroller, sorry) to the nearby tree. They are hopeful the egg survived. I'm kind of doubtful.
This is where the story gets a little gross.
Apparently, there were two eggs in the nest..maybe more...because we found evidenced of squished eggs in the stroller. Can you see it on the left side? I feel absolutely horrible. Who knows how long that nest was in the stroller? If only I had exercised sooner...we could have saved them.
BUT what kind of dumb bird builds a nest in a stroller? SERIOUSLY? Maybe we didn't need that DNA passed on. Just sayin'.
So. We had a nest in the stroller in the house. Anything unusual happen to you today? Please say yes...I'm tired of being weird.


No comments:
Post a Comment