Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Happy Birthday!

One year ago today I was at my favorite store in the world with a good friend. We drove 5 hours for 5 hours of shopping and then drove 5 hours home.

No one said we weren't a little on the weird side.

Meanwhile, in a hospital far far away from that store, a little 25 week old baby boy was being born.

He was a mere 1 pound 12 ounces and 12 inches long.


When we got a call about him a few days later, we were told he had maybe a 50% chance to live and said we might not want to get involved.

Whatever.

Today we celebrate one MIRACULOUS little boy.



You can tell everyone who didn't think you were going to make it THESE stats:

You are 19 pounds, 8 ounces.
27 inches long.

You still drink your preemie formula.
You eat cheerios, yogurt melts, mashed bananas and green beans. Hello??? Table food? Remember when they thought you'd go home on a feeding tube?



You crawl EVERYWHERE. No place is safe from your investigation.

You pull up to a standing position on anything you can find BUT you can't get down yet. This is when your temper shows up. You. Have. A. Temper.

And speaking of that temper: When you do stand up, and sometimes topple over, you start yelling at us. You can only really say "da da" but the way you vocalize that one syllable...you could make a sailor blush.



One of my favorite things about you is the way you snuffle up your nose when you crawl. I can't even describe it in words but it is awesome.

You're still my snuggle buddy and very much a Mama's boy. I'm cool with that.

You don't really like to sleep all night. I'm not so cool with that.

You're testing above age level for all your therapies.



See, I told you you are a rock star.

I can not wait to see what God has in store for you, little man.

You are loved more than you can ever imagine by so many people.

Happy birthday.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Talk about resilience!!!

Happy birthday microchip, who isn't so micro!