Thursday, December 8, 2011

All Your Anxiety

It's been awhile.

I can't even begin to tell you what a roller coaster ride this past month has been.

So many good things. Wonderful things!

So many not so good things.

I don't know what your stance is on spiritual warfare, but baby, I believe we are under attack.

But I believe that God is bigger.

Just this morning I was trying to leave the house (yes...selfishly for a soda) and the Hulk wouldn't start.

My brave and chivalrous husband came home and tried to fix it, to no avail.

But look what was flying around in our driveway while I was waiting with the 2 & Under crowd.

I scooped it up and put it in my pocket.

I'm casting the broken van.

I'm casting the adoption finalization that may or may not get done by the end of the year.

I'm casting the bills that have to be paid.

I'm casting the sickness that has invaded our house for the last two months.

I'm casting the behavioral concerns.

I'm casting the sadness and the loneliness.

I'm casting the feelings of not being good enough.

For HE cares for me.

I'm replacing those feelings with that reminder.

Because Isaiah actually asked me for hugs and kisses this week. For the first time ever.

Because the Microchip isn't such a micro anymore and is doing remarkably well.

Because my 4 oldest boys are amazing students, talented musicians, and loving, wonderful young men.

Because my husband loves me and cares enough about me to come home from work to try to fix the van so I can (selfishly) go get a soda.

Because we have food in the pantry and our bills get paid.

"Cast all your anxiety on HIM, for He cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7

2 comments:

Carie Casey said...

Chrissy, I am so inspired by you. This post really made me tear up. Thank you for your words.

Carie

Chrissy said...

Thanks Carie.