(my hands are firmly at my side right now)
I mean, who doesn't love that warmth down your arm? Your leg? Or my personal favorite...right down the inside of your shirt?
Yum.
I've never had a spitter before. Or at least I don't remember having one. I do tend to block out the darkest part of my days.
At any rate, I've never had a spitter that is quite this awesome at his job.
Holy moly.
The microchip has some serious reflux issues. He is on meds for it. He is on reflux precautions. He changes clothes several times a day. I change clothes several times a day. It's fun.
My favorite part is when he starts to choke on his own spit up. ugh....
So...any of you out there dealing with this sort of issue? What do you do? We have a GI appointment soon but in the meantime...help?
7 comments:
Nelson had reflux. He was on zantac 2 times a day and Mylanta before every feeding. We fed him propped up, and burped him often to avoid the erruption at the very end. He slept in his baby swing for the first 6ish months of his life (burnt the motor out). We also laid him on his belly over his boppy, the pressure felt good and he fell asleep that way sometimes. I hope you find something that works for you guys, soon.
Oh that is awful! The micro is on prevacid, which doesn't help. We had to thicken his formula for awhile but that just left us with thicker puke. Glad to know it's not just a preemie thing though. Did he just outgrow it?
My new one has it too. So far they're doing the same thing as yours and it's helping. He sleeps in a boppy inside his bassinet to stay propped up. Any time we lay him down it's like a fountain.
Eventually you can get a wedge for his crib that will help that, Katie.
I need to find my boppy...totally forgot about that!
I had 4 with reflux and projectile vomiting. Only one still has reflux. Hang in there, this too shl pass...and enjoy the continual clothing changes and laundry. Don't forget the lovely aroma that your vehicle will have and never leave. :) we can talk sometime.
Meg, I would really like that.
Yes, by 18 months he outgrew in, there was no more throwing up at abour 9-10 months, and the crying while eating went away around 13-15months. By 18 he was a normal happy baby.
Post a Comment