
I'm on hold with the medical supply company about that right now.
I hate the false sense of security it gives me.
But I love that I have that "security".
I hate when it goes off 6 times in 2 hours in the middle of the night.
But I love that it tells me when the baby needs some help.
I hate lugging that bad boy (the machine, not the baby) around everywhere I go.
There's pretty much nothing I love about that.
I hate that he even NEEDS a monitor to tell me when he is not breathing. Babies are supposed to remember how to breathe.
I love that he is even here right now...cuz he could very easily not be.
I hate that this is just one more appointment...one more thing on the neverending to do list that I have to keep up with. And one more stranger that gets to come into my home to "check" the monitor!
Oh well...I guess it helps that I love this little microchip. (you saw that one coming, right?)
A lot of you ask (in person) what an apnea monitor is. Or more accurately, you ask me what those wires are that hang off his little body. Well...the short story is that an apnea monitor records and alarms when the baby stops breathing for more than 20 seconds or if his heart rate drops below 80 or goes above some # that I can't remember. It looks like this:

It just went off again while I was typing this post. Not sure what is going on but at this point, it warrants a call to our lovely pediatrician!
And the monitor company best get out here and check on their equipment. I'm a sleepless, caffeineless Mama bear right now!
No comments:
Post a Comment